Budding Botanist (in person/outdoors)
Learn about some of the plants and trees of Orr Park with a naturalist from The Wilderness Center! Children and their adults will study plant types, plant diversity, and even plants around the world as they explore the local park. The class will end with a plant craft. Suitable for elementary-aged children; must attend with parent or guardian.
- This class will take place in-person and outdoors at The J.M. Smucker House, 708 N Main Street. Parking is available in the Smucker campus parking lot.
- Masks will be optional for students and instructors during each outdoor class provided that six feet of physical distance is maintained from others. Masks are only required when attendees are not socially distanced from someone outside of their household. Students will be seated at least six feet apart from one another; however, members of the same household are welcome to sit together.
- If you have any symptoms of COVID-19 or if you have potentially been exposed to the virus within the last 14 days, please do not attend class.
- Participants are encouraged to bring their own bottle of water, as no refreshments will be served.
- All participants must register in advance online at www.HeartlandOrrville.com. There is no fee to attend; please select "pay in person" in order to successfully register.
- This class will be rescheduled in the event of inclement weather.