Introduction to Landscaping (in person/outdoors)
With summer in full swing, our backyards and patio spaces have become the backdrop for many activities and social gatherings. If you are looking to upgrade your outdoor environment or learn more about landscaping design, this class is for you! Participants will discover how to create sustainable landscapes using cultural methods to enhance and maintain their landscape with plant selection, planting bed preparation, and integrated pest management. Your instructors are Gene Pouly and Carlos Cruz from the E.F. Pouly Company, a family-owned and operated landscape and tree care provider that has been serving Orrville and the surrounding areas for 60 years.
- This class will take place in-person and outdoors at The J.M. Smucker House, 708 N Main Street. Parking is available in the Smucker campus parking lot.
- Masks will be optional for students and instructors during each outdoor class provided that six feet of physical distance is maintained from others. Masks are only required when attendees are not socially distanced from someone outside of their household. Students will be seated at least six feet apart from one another; however, members of the same household are welcome to sit together.
- If you have any symptoms of COVID-19 or if you have potentially been exposed to the virus within the last 14 days, please do not attend class.
- Participants are encouraged to bring their own bottle of water, as no refreshments will be served.
- All participants must register and pay in advance online at www.HeartlandOrrville.com. Payment will not be accepted at class.
- This class will be rescheduled in the event of inclement weather.