Seasonal Painting (in person/outdoors)
The cat has a long history of inspiring artistic expression, having been featured in artwork from around the world and spanning several millennia. Some of the earliest depictions of felines in artwork are from ancient Egypt, where cats were incorporated into carvings, papyrus paintings, tomb decoration, and most notably, the Great Sphinx of Giza. Join Kristin Lorson for a modern rendition of our feline friend in September’s Seasonal Painting class. Everything you need to create your masterpiece is included in the class cost. This class is for ages 12 and older unless accompanied by an adult. Registration and payment are due by Tuesday, September 7.
- This class will take place in-person and outdoors at The J.M. Smucker House, 708 N Main Street. Parking is available in the Smucker campus parking lot.
- Masks will be optional for students and instructors during each outdoor class provided that six feet of physical distance is maintained from others. Masks are only required when attendees are not socially distanced from someone outside of their household. Students will be seated at least six feet apart from one another; however, members of the same household are welcome to sit together.
- If you have any symptoms of COVID-19 or if you have potentially been exposed to the virus within the last 14 days, please do not attend class.
- Participants are encouraged to bring their own bottle of water, as no refreshments will be served.
- All participants must register and pay in advance online at www.HeartlandOrrville.com. Payment will not be accepted at class.
- This class will be rescheduled in the event of inclement weather.
- A 48-hour cancelation policy applies to this class. Your payment is nonrefundable if you cancel after 5 p.m. on Tuesday, September 7.